Friday, April 25, 2008

SEX

I can't beleive how desensitized, as a society, we've become to sex. It's in sitcoms, movies, magazines and you can find a whole lot of it in your A&F cataloge. Kids are doing it at a younger age and is prolific on every college campus. Not only is it everywhere but its meaning is different.

Sex is fun. It's cool. It's the start to many a relationship. Sex is what happens after the thrid date or after the thrid drink-depending on your standards. It can be the catalyst for a relationship to blossom into love. Sex can be the demise of a friendship. Sex does a lot. What it has also done is lessen the value of it.

I think sex can be special. I am very fortunate to still have my virginity. Not to say I haven't had my close calls but I still have it. I have the option to give it to my wife on our wedding night. That's pretty cool. What baffles me is when a couple is sexually active then decides to marry how can that awesome night be as awesome? Really, whenever I see a couple get married that I know has been sexually active I feel bad for them that they've missed out on something extraordinary as truly making love for the first time.

When I watch a movie or a show that treats sex as habitual as picking your nose it makes me cringe. Tweens and teens are being told that sex is just a recreational activity you do with someone you find attractive and to just use protection. Why can't sex be shown for how special it is? I'm not talking about anything explicit but how about the positive consequences of waiting, developing a relationship and how sex exponentially enhances the relationship between a man and a woman who are truly in love?

I'd buy that dvd.

1 comment:

t.ツ said...

I agree 100%!

Okay, maybe minus buying the DVD... I'm currently in that stage of life where I can only afford food and gas (aka: College). haha... =D